Rupiah Bwezani Banda - President From 2008 To 2011
Rupiah Bwezani Banda was the fourth Zambian president until 23rd September 2011 when Michael Sata was elected as the fifth Zambian president.
Rupiah was inaugurated as president of the Republic of Zambia on 2nd November 2008. He appointed George Kunda as his vice president on 14th November 2008.
On 28th July 2011, President Rupiah Banda dissolved the 2006-2011 Parliament and set Tuesday September 20, 2011 as the day for presidential and local government elections.
However, before Parliament was dissolved on 28th July 2011 his Cabinet was as follows:
- Minister of Livestock and Fisheries Bradford Machila
- Minister of Energy Kenneth Konga
- Minister of Education Dora Siliya
- Minister of Commerce Trade and Industry Felix Mutati
- Minister of Works and Supply Gabriel Namulambe
- Minister of Lands Gladys Lundwe
- Minister of health Kapembwa Simbao
- minister of Finance and National Planning Dr. Situmbeko Musokotwane
- Minister of Home Affairs Mkhondo Lungu
- Minister of Agriculture and cooperatives Dr. Eustarckio Kazonga
- Minister of Sport Youth and Child Development Kenneth Chipungu
- Minister of Local Government and Housing - Dr. Brian Chituwo
- Minister of Tourism - Catherine Namugala
- Minister of Community Development and Social Services Michael Kaingu
- Minister of Defence Kalombo Mwansa
- Minister of Science and Technology Peter Daka
- Minister of Transport and communications Professor Geoffrey Lungwangwa
After the elections on 20th September 2011, vote counting finished on 23rd September 2011 when the incumbent was defeated.
According to results released at about 01:34 hours on 23rd September 2011, Sata polled 1,150,045 or 43 percent of the votes against his closest rival Rupiah B Banda who had 961,796 or 36.1 percent of the total votes.
The following day, at around 11:00hrs, Rupiah addressed the nation and conceded defeat and said that they had tried their best, but it was not good enough.
Consequently at 15:00hrs on 23rd September 2011, the same day, After inauguration Michael C Sata
became the 5th democratically elected Zambian president.
An international home based business with SFI (Strong Future International), the number 1 in the top 10 affiliate programs in the world!
Chaminuka Lodge offers luxurious accommodation, spectacular views over Lake Chitoka where you can behold the most glorious sunsets of Africa.
Thorntree River Lodge offers excellent game viewing opportunities and adventure activities. The lodge is located inside the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park.
Rupiah Bwezani Banda To Zambian Traveler
Rupiah Banda To Zambia Advisor Home