Mulungushi University – Pursuing The Frontiers of Knowledge
Mulungushi University (MU) was founded in 2008. It is the third public university after the University of Zambia and Copperbelt University.
In fact, the school has presently two (2) campuses, namely the Great North Road Campus witch is clocated 26 kilometres North of Kabwe, as you are going to Kapirimponshi on the banks of Mulungushi River and the Kabwe Town Campus located along Mubanga Road, off Munkoyo Street in the heart of Kabwe town.
Mulungushi - Great North Road Campus
Kabwe Town Campus
History Of Mulungushi University
The Great North Road Campus was previously the National College for Management and Development Studies (originally The President's Citizenship College).
Before the establishment of the University, Zambia had two public universities, but after education sector reforms, a good number of universities, including Mulungushi have sprung up.
The University has nine academic faculties which includes the following:
- School of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Centre for Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Centre for Labour Studies (CLS)
- Disaster Management Training Centre
- School of Business Studies (SBS)
- School of Social Sciences
- Institute of Distance Education (IDE)
Currently the school is running undergraduate programmes as follows:
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Agricultural Business Management
- Bachelor of Land and Water Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Labour Studies
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of International Relations and Development
- Bachelor of Local Government Administration
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Horticulture
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Social Work
Entry Requirements To Undergraduate Programmes
- Full Grade 12 or Form Five (5) Certificate with a minimum of Five (5) credit passes including Mathematics and English, OR
- Diploma of a minimum of two years duration in the relevant field from a recognised Institution.
For further information, contact…
Tel: 05-222141 or 05-221457
Cell N. +260 978-904280
Ready For Vacation? Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you? Here is a great way
to support our effort. All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable Booking.Com
search box below.
It can be for travel to Zambia or anywhere else on earth. They combine the
from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now!
Check Availability of Accommodation And Rates Below
aha The David Livingstone Safari Lodge And Spa is located within the lush surroundings of the Zambezi River bank and offers five star accommodation.
Livingstone Backpackers is in a good location in town centre, close to all activities in Livingstone, very near to shopping mall, close to the museum, main road, shops and markets…
Kafue River Lodge is located on the north bank of the Kafue River, opposite the Kafue National Park. This area is among Zambia’s best wildlife sanctuaries.