Mulungushi University – Pursuing The Frontiers of Knowledge
Mulungushi University (MU) was founded in 2008. It is the third public university after the University of Zambia and
the Copperbelt University.
In fact, the school has presently two (2) campuses, namely the Great North Road Campus which is located 26 kilometres
North of Kabwe, as you are going to Kapirimponshi on the banks of Mulungushi River and the Kabwe Town Campus located
along Mubanga Road, off Munkoyo Street in the heart of Kabwe town.
Mulungushi University-Great North Road Campus
Mulungushi University-Kabwe Town Campus
History Of Mulungushi University
Mulungushi University (Great North Road Campus) was previously the National College for Management and Development
Studies (originally The President's Citizenship College).
Before the establishment of Mulungushi University, Zambia had two public universities, but after education sector reforms,
a good number of universities, including Mulungushi University, have sprung up.
Mulungushi University has nine academic faculties which includes the following:
- School of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Centre for Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Centre for Labour Studies (CLS)
- Disaster Management Training Centre
- School of Business Studies (SBS)
- School of Social Sciences
- Institute of Distance Education (IDE)
Currently the school is running undergraduate programmes as follows:
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Agricultural Business Management
- Bachelor of Land and Water Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Labour Studies
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of International Relations and Development
- Bachelor of Local Government Administration
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Horticulture
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Social Work
Entry Requirements To Undergraduate Programmes
- Full Grade 12 or Form Five (5) Certificate with a minimum of Five (5) credit passes including Mathematics and English, OR
- Diploma of a minimum of two years duration in the relevant field from a recognised Institution
For further information, contact…
Tel: 05-222141 or 05-221457
Cell N. +260 978-904280
Mulungushi University To Schools In Zambia
Mulungushi University To Zambia Advisor Home
The Zambian textile and clothing Industry has seen better days and is now facing stiff competition from imported cheap garments and also from second-hand clothing commonly known as 'salaula'.
Lusaka, the capital city of Zambia is well connected by major roads to Tanzania, Chipata, Chirundu and Livingstone.
The July 2015 Zambian inflation rate was recorded at 7.1%, the same as that of June 2015.