Mulungushi University – Pursuing The Frontiers of Knowledge
Mulungushi University (MU) was founded in 2008. It is the third public university after the University of Zambia and Copperbelt University.
In fact, the school has presently two (2) campuses, namely the Great North Road Campus witch is clocated 26 kilometres North of Kabwe, as you are going to Kapirimponshi on the banks of Mulungushi River and the Kabwe Town Campus located along Mubanga Road, off Munkoyo Street in the heart of Kabwe town.
Mulungushi - Great North Road Campus
Kabwe Town Campus
History Of Mulungushi University
The Great North Road Campus was previously the National College for Management and Development Studies (originally The President's Citizenship College).
Before the establishment of the University, Zambia had two public universities, but after education sector reforms, a good number of universities, including Mulungushi have sprung up.
The University has nine academic faculties which includes the following:
- School of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Centre for Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Centre for Labour Studies (CLS)
- Disaster Management Training Centre
- School of Business Studies (SBS)
- School of Social Sciences
- Institute of Distance Education (IDE)
Currently the school is running undergraduate programmes as follows:
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Agricultural Business Management
- Bachelor of Land and Water Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Environmental Studies
- Bachelor of Labour Studies
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of International Relations and Development
- Bachelor of Local Government Administration
- Bachelor of Public Administration
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Horticulture
- Bachelor of Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Social Work
Entry Requirements To Undergraduate Programmes
- Full Grade 12 or Form Five (5) Certificate with a minimum of Five (5) credit passes including Mathematics and English, OR
- Diploma of a minimum of two years duration in the relevant field from a recognised Institution.
For further information, contact…
Tel: 05-222141 or 05-221457
Cell N. +260 978-904280
Love To Travel?
Find Great Hotel Deals Today!
Kanyemba Lodge is an ideal place to relax and savour the Zambezi River scenery in privacy. The surroundings at the lodge are excellent and the environment is simply reclusive.
Zambian names are a reflection of significant social events in somebody's life.
Zambian holidays are currently 13 in number; some have just recently been introduced such as National Prayer Day.