July 2012 Zambian Inflation Was Recorded At 6.2 Percent
The July 2012 Zambian inflation rate reduced form 6.7 per cent in June 2012 to 6.2 per cent in July 2012 as a result of a slowdown in food price increases.
Mr Kalumbi, on 26th July 2012 was quoted as follows:
The annual rate of inflation derived from the revised all items consumer price index (CPI) was recorded at 6.2 per cent in July 2012, from 6.7 per cent in June 2012. This means that on average, prices increased by 6.2 per cent between July 2011 and July 2012. The decrease is attributed to lower price levels recorded in July 2012, for food, non–alcoholic beverages, furniture, house hold equipment and routine house hold maintenance compared to July 2011.
Woman Shopping In Lusaka
Zambian Trade Surplus
The CSO director Mr John Kalumbi reported that the trade surplus for June 2012 was recorded at K 114 billion from K278 billion recorded in May 2012.
Since January 2012, the country has had monthly trade surplus up to May 2012.
Composition of The July 2012 Zambian Inflation
The director said food inflation accounted for 3.3 per cent and non–food inflation accounted for 2.9 per cent.
Prices for other items moved as follows:
- Transport – from 0.4 per cent to .03 per cent
- Household equipment &nadsh; from 0.6 per cent to 0.7 per cent
Provincial Inflation Rates
Some of the provinces contributed to the July 2012 inflation rate as follows:
- Copperbelt – 1.5 per cent
- Northen –0.2 percent
- Muchinga – 0.2 per cent
Food inflation reduced from 3.6 per cent to 3.3 per cent. However, other food products were recorded as follows:
- Maize grain – from K 17,305 to K 17,507
- 1 kg of dried Mpulungu kapetnta – from K 75,370 to K 75,370
- 1 kg packet of tomatoes – from K 4,453 to K 3,694
- A 25 kg bag of roller mealie meal increased to K 31, 560
Major Export Destinations
- Switzerland – accounted for 33.2 percent
- China – accounted for 19.32 percent
- South Africa – accounted for 8.6 percent
- Congo DR – accounted for 5.4 percent
- United Kingdom – accounted for 5.0 percent
Other Related Pages To The July 2012 Zambia Inflation
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2012
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2011
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2010
Zambia Inflation Figures For 2009
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2008
July 2012 Zambian Inflation To Zambian Inflation
July 2012 Zambian Inflation To Zambia Advisor Home
Chirundu town is found at about 95 kilometers from Kafue town or 139 kilometers from Lusaka City. Chirundu town is at the border with Zambia and Zimbabwe.
As of 24 February 2017 Chipata became a city, making a total of five cities in Zambia, namely Lusaka, Kitwe, Ndola and Livingstone!
Commentary on the Zambian inflation rate. Check the current and updated figures here!