February 2012 Zambian Inflation Rate At 6% Was The Lowest In The past 10 Years!
Zambia's inflation rate for the month of February 2012 fell to 6 percent. The February 2012 Zambian Inflation rate of 6 percent was lower than 6.4 percent reported in January 2012.
According to the Central Statistical Office (CSO), the reduction in the year–on–year inflation rate was attributed to reduction in prices of food and non-alcoholic beverages.
Composition Of The February 2012 Zambia Inflation Rate
Speaking at a media briefing in Lusaka on 23rd February 2012, Acting Central Statistical Office Mr. Goodson Sinyenga said of
the total 6percent annual inflation recorded in February 2012, food and non-alcoholic beverages accounted for 2.9 percentage
points while non–food products accounted for 3.1 percentage points.
Movement Of Prices
The movement in some product prices from January 2012 to February 2012 was as follows:
- 25kg bag of white breakfast – from K 43, 747 to K 42,821
- 20 litre tin of maize grain – from K 19, 428 to 18,732
- 1 Kg of dried Kapenta (Siavonga) – from K 63,503 to K 67,032
- 1 kg tomato – from K 4,165 to K 4,453
- Dried beans – K 11, 364 to K 11,029
- Domestic air fares – form K 934,200 to K 899,600
- International air fares between Lusaka and London – from K 6,434,200 to K 5, 324,400
Zambia's Export Destinations
The following were the major export destinations in February 2012:
- Swizerland – accounting for 30.3 percent
- Zimbabwe – accounting for 18.8 percent
- China – accounting for 17.3 percent
- South Africa – accounting for 5.6 percent
- United Kingdom – accounting for 5 percent
Mr. Sinyenga also reported that in the same month, the country recorded a trade surplus valued at K 269.3 billion compared to K 475.9 billion in December 2011.
Other Related Pages on The Zambia Inflation
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2012
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2011
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2010
Zambia Inflation Figures For 2009
Zambian Inflation Figures For 2008
February 2012 Zambian Inflation To Zambian Inflation
February 2012 Zambian Inflation To Zambia Advisor Home
Solwezi of Zambia is one the fastest growing towns in Zambia.
Check for Ndola hotels and lodges in the capital of the copperbelt.
Floriana Executive Lodge offers five star services in Solwezi, next to The Royal Solwezi Hotel.