2014 Zambian budget
“More Money In Workers’ Pockets”
The 2014 Zambian budget, with the theme, ‘Moving Forward to Consolidate Growth and Social Justice in Peace and
Unity’, amounting to K42.68 billion, was presented by the Minister of finance and national planning Mr. Alexander
Chikwanda, on Friday 11th October 2013.
On the financing of the budget, the minister said that K29.54 billion will be financed from domestic revenues,
K2.63 billion from external donors and K10.51 will be financed through domestic and foreign borrowing.
The macro-economic objectives of the 2014 Zambian budget are:
- To Achieve A GDP Growth Of 7.0 Percent Or More.
- Increase International Reserves To Over Three Months Import Cover.
- Create A Minimum Of 200,000 Jobs.
- To Have An End Of Year Inflation Of Less Than 6.5 Percent.
- Limit Domestic Borrowing To 2.5 Percent Of GDP.
Mr. Alexander Chikwanda Arrives With Family For Budget Presentation
Budget Allocations :
- 7.2 Percent (K3.08 billion)-Agricultural Sector.
- 14.2 Percent (K6.07 billion)-Transport Sector For The Construction , Rehabilitating And Maintenance Of Infrastructure.
- 20.2 Percent (K8.61 billion)-Education Sector.
- 9.9 Percent (K4.23 billion)-Health Sector.
Mr. Alexander Chikwanda noted with satisfaction at Zambia’s cohosting of the 20th United Nations World Tourism
Organization (UNWTO) conference in August 2013, which was held in Livingstone. To this effect, the government intends
to build on the country’s raised profile and invest more in tourism infrastructure including the Kenneth Kaunda
On taxation, the government proposed to increase PAYE, (pay as you earn) threshold to K3000 from K2000. The measure was
intended to give a relief to workers in low income brackets.
2014 Zambian Budget To Economy Of Zambia
2014 Zambian Budget To Zambia Advisor Home
Lusaka Backpackers is found at 161 Mulombwa close. From Lusaka's central avenue, Cairo Road turn in to Church Road, then Bwinjimfumu Rd. Mulombwa Close is a turn on your left.
How to select the best camping backpacks to improve your camping experience!
Antelope Wholesale Merchants Ltd, trading as Antelope Milling, was established in Northern Rhodesia, now Zambia in 1953.