2014 Zambian budget
“More Money In Workers’ Pockets”
The 2014 Zambian budget, with the theme, ‘Moving Forward to Consolidate Growth and Social Justice in Peace and
Unity’, amounting to K42.68 billion, was presented by the Minister of finance and national planning Mr. Alexander
Chikwanda, on Friday 11th October 2013.
On the financing of the budget, the minister said that K29.54 billion will be financed from domestic revenues,
K2.63 billion from external donors and K10.51 will be financed through domestic and foreign borrowing.
The macro-economic objectives of the 2014 Zambian budget are:
- To Achieve A GDP Growth Of 7.0 Percent Or More.
- Increase International Reserves To Over Three Months Import Cover.
- Create A Minimum Of 200,000 Jobs.
- To Have An End Of Year Inflation Of Less Than 6.5 Percent.
- Limit Domestic Borrowing To 2.5 Percent Of GDP.
Mr. Alexander Chikwanda Arrives With Family For Budget Presentation
Budget Allocations :
- 7.2 Percent (K3.08 billion)-Agricultural Sector.
- 14.2 Percent (K6.07 billion)-Transport Sector For The Construction , Rehabilitating And Maintenance Of Infrastructure.
- 20.2 Percent (K8.61 billion)-Education Sector.
- 9.9 Percent (K4.23 billion)-Health Sector.
Mr. Alexander Chikwanda noted with satisfaction at Zambia’s cohosting of the 20th United Nations World Tourism
Organization (UNWTO) conference in August 2013, which was held in Livingstone. To this effect, the government intends
to build on the country’s raised profile and invest more in tourism infrastructure including the Kenneth Kaunda
On taxation, the government proposed to increase PAYE, (pay as you earn) threshold to K3000 from K2000. The measure was
intended to give a relief to workers in low income brackets.
2014 Zambian Budget To Economy Of Zambia
2014 Zambian Budget To Zambia Advisor Home
Zambian names are a reflection of significant social events in somebody's life.
The May 2016 Zambian inflation rate decreased to 21.3 percent as compared to the April 2016 which was recorded at 21.8 percent.
You can now start your own home business in Zambia, right in the comfort of your home!